The importance of healthy eating can be deciphered from the old adage, 'You are what you eat'. As your platter decides your health, your mood, and even your thoughts, 'eating right' is more than just a choice, it is vital to your overall wellbeing.
Since you already know that the treasure of good health lies in your very own kitchen, here are some tips to help you turn your kitchen into a health shrine and dish out nutritious recipes with ease.
Follow smart cooking methods:
You might be in possession of countless nutritious recipes, however, following smart cooking
methods will help you up the health quotient in your food:
- Weigh, and do not guess your portions.
- Remove all visible fat from meat before cooking.
- Scrub rather than peeling vegetables.
- Avoid nibbling and tasting dishes too often.
- Dry fry in a non-stick pan whenever possible.
- Grill, poach, steam, bake, pressure-cook, or microwave in preferences to frying or roasting, whenever possible.
Use right equipment for healthy cooking:
Try using the following equipment while cooking, in order to save the nutritional content and minimize the use of fat in your food:
- Steamer: Although it is slower than boiling or baking, this is clean and easy to use. As the food gets steam-cooked, valuable vitamins and minerals do not leach out.
- Wok: An ancient but highly efficient cooking device, it requires a little amount of oil or water for cooking. Its shape helps to spread the heat quickly and evenly, so the food gets cooked in minutes and its nutritional content is retained well.
- Microwave cooker: Great for making baked potatoes, baked black beans salad - the appetizing recipes for the fitness enthusiasts.
- Food processor: Far and wide, it’s a must-have in every kitchen, as it saves your time in chopping vegetables for your healthy platter.
Choose healthy food substitutes:
Without a doubt, it is difficult to resist the taste and comfort of your favorite junk food, but you can make up for this deprivation with their healthy substitutes, such as:
- Choose sorbet or yogurt ice-cream over regular ice cream or custard.
- Prefer using low-fat spread to butter and margarine.
- Use skimmed milk instead of whole-cream milk in custard, milk puddings, shakes, and smoothies.
- Switch to low-fat natural yogurt from cream when preparing casseroles and cake fillings.
- Use wholegrain pasta and brown rice for the main course; they are more filling than their white counterparts.
Healthy eating is a substantial part of holistic health. So pay close attention to the cooking methods and equipment in your kitchen as you dole out all those healthy recipes from your kitty. Happy cooking!
For any queries related to healthy eating, you can consult an Internal Medicine Specialist at www.healthcaremagic.com