Are you troubled with poor sleep
? If you find it really hard to fall asleep after a long, busy day, this is for you!
Practice these 3 yoga
stretches on your bed to establish a relaxing bedtime routine and enjoy a peaceful good night sleep
Paschimottanasana (Queen Pose)
How to do it:
- Sitting on your hips, stretch your knees
- Extend your arms and grab both the toes with your fingers and thumb
- Bend down from the pelvic region of the back, maintaining a concave back
- Relax your shoulders and try to place your forehead between the calves. If you can’t get the forehead completely down, bent it as much as you can and gaze at the toes
- Stay in this pose for 2 minutes
- Inhale, raise the head, and slowly come back to sitting positing and relax
It calms the brain
, helps relieve stress, soothes a headache and anxiety, and reduces fatigue
, thus is beneficial to get a good night sleep. It also improves digestion and helps relieve the menstrual discomfort.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold Pose)
How to do it:
- Stand straight, keeping the knees tight
- Exhale while you bend down, but without bending your knees
- Place the palms on the floor next to the feet
- Stretch your spine and try to get your head as close to the feet as possible. You may take support by placing your palms behind the ankle
- Hold this position for 60 seconds to 2 minutes
- Inhaling slowly, come up and straighten your spine
- Stand straight and relax
Health Benefits: It stretches back muscles, stimulates the nervous system, increases the blood circulation, and makes the spine supple; thus, inducing a deep good night sleep.
Always keep in mind that these yoga poses will bear effective sleep results only if you avoid activities such as watching television, working on a laptop, or looking onto any screens, before bedtime. Also, if you face any kind of pain in your body, do take a consent from your doctor before practicing these poses.
If you are troubled with poor sleep or any sleep-related issues and want any natural remedy, consult an Ayurvedic Specialist at www.healthcaremagic.com